Friday, July 31, 2015

Birthday Wishes

Hello everyone! I'm posting a card that I made following the Colour Me card challenge blog. This is my first time playing along since I just stumbled across the blog, but I love a good color combo to play with!

Here is the card I came up with after seeing the (team Hayley) inspiration colors!


I watercolored the navy on the panel. While it dried I die cut and watercolored the feathers with a coral. Once everything was dry I added the feathers to the panel and the stamped the sentiment. After adhereing the panel to the navy cardbase, I finished off by adding some sequins and a twin bow.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!
Monica

ETA:

Supplies:
Stampin' Up- Night of Navy, Sentiment (from watercolor kit) and sequins
My Favorite things- Feather die
Tim Hotlz- Abandoned Coral distress ink
Lawn Fawn- Twine
Misc- cardstock and watercolor paper

3 comments:

  1. Great watercolour effect - gives the feathers a great ombre effect! Lovely card. So glad you found us at Colour Me..! and decided to play along. Hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft, subtle, and absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Monica! I really love your card. The bold colors were nicely muted to such soothing effect. Love it!
    Ren

    ReplyDelete