Friday, November 2, 2018

Christmas Showcase with Joy Clair


Today is a special post at the Joy Clair blog ... it's all about Christmas and we are all showcasing newer Christmas products from Joy Clair. For my card I used Penguin Tropical Christmas and Christmas Lights Background.


I started by stamping the lights on one layer and my tree with some lights on it on my main panel. I then stamped the palms and coconuts on a scrap piece before coloring them copics..


I then colored the tree on my main panel and used a pen to darken my light strings. Then stamped the penguin and his shorts. I did color the lights red although I don't show it in this picture. Once everything was colored I then fussy cut all the palms and coconuts from the scrap.


After I stamped my sentiment I began layering all the palm on my tree. I used liquid glue at the base and foam tape towards the top to create some dimension on the tree. For the coconuts I glued the first on flat while popping the last two on with foam tape.



After I adhered the light background to the cardbase I used some stickles to add some sparkle, once they were dry I added the rest of my layers. I didn't feel the background lights gave it enough Christmas Sparkle so added some red stickles to the lights on the front of my card and called it done!


Be sure to check out what my teammates have made for the event at the blog here. Thanks as always for stopping by and have a great day!

Monica

Supplies:
Copics
Ranger- Stickles
Recollections- Red, Black and white Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment