Tuesday, May 1, 2018

ATSM #290- Your Kindness

It's the start of another challenge over at ATSM and it's a photo inspiration! Love the chic look of the photo with it's colors and textures on the frames.

I chose the color theme to use for my card and wanted to add the texture from the frames. I started by stamping the images on the some light green cardstock. Since I used a layering stamp set on the cardstock, I started the first layer of stamping with some white pigment ink. Then layered the other colors on top and used the matching dies to cut them out.


I ran the white panel through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder. I realized after I embossed that I had forgotten to stamp my sentiment and the little flowers first... Doh! So I used my MISTI to carefully stamp the sentiment and flowers. Which worked out great since I knew I'd have to stamp it a few times because of the embossed texture. There were a few spots in the sentiment that I couldn't get to stamp correctly, so I used a micron pen to color those areas better. I glued the stems of the leaves directly to the card panel under the carnation popping the leaf tips up with a pop dot and adhered the carnation with foam adhesive as well to finish the card!


Just love the look with the dimension and texture!

Don't forget to stop by the blog and play with this weeks CAS challenge, I can't wait to see what you share with us. Thanks as always for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and follow the blog for updates with new posts! 

Monica


Supplies:
Altenew- Build a Flower: Carnation
Leaves (ink)- Whip Cream (MFT), Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up)
Carnation (ink)- Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo and Watermelon Wonder (SU- retired) and                              Peachy Keen (LawnFawn)
Little flowers- Peachy keen (LawnFawn)
VersaFine- Onyx Black
Cuttle Bug- Swiss Dots embossing folder
MFT- BluePrints #27 (Scallop panel die)
Cardstock- White and soft green 

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the texture and visual interest you have created, Monica! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete