Friday, June 1, 2018

Happy 4th with Joy Clair

Today I'm sharing a post for Joy Clair's June challenge. I love the patriotic feel of the inspiration photo.
Image may contain: stripes

So went with a very summery, patriotic theme on two cards. The first one is a card for the 4th of July.  I jumped on the chance to Joy Clair's Happy Fourth set, I just love the pinwheel and fireworks.


I started by stamping the image and sentiment, then placed some pattern paper above and below my stamped area. Then I colored the pinwheel in coordinating copic colors. Then added some Wink of Stella for a little sparkle!


For my second card I also used the Grungy Flag background, as well as the fireworks from Happy Fourth. I just love the look of this flag stamp.


I inked the star part of the back ground stamp with blue and the stripes in red and stamped the image. I had to set it aside for awhile since I used a pigment ink. Once the ink was dry I stamp the large fireworks and embossed them with a glitter embossing powder. Then I used silver embossing powder for the little fireworks.


I made this card for my dad's birthday (he loves anything patriotic and he was born on Memorial Day), so I used the Enjoy your day sentiment from the new Joy Clair set Life's a Breeze

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment or follow me for blog updates! Have a great day!

Monica
Supplies:
Joy Clair: Happy Fourth, Grunge Flag and Life's a Breeze
MFT- Hybrid black
Momento Luxe- Love Letter, Nautical Blue
VersaFine- Onyx Black
Embossing Powder- Silver and Glitter
Wink of Stella- Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment