Saturday, October 13, 2018

Fall-ing in love event with Joy Clair

Fall
Hello all and welcome to a special event with Joy Clair, Fall-ing in Love! We are all sharing projects to celebrate fall. I used the new sets Thankful and Blessed and Falling Leaves background



I started by making my background... which was maybe a not so succcessful attempt at an Alcohol ink background. ( I need more practice!) I so love the look the of the orange and yellow for a fall back ground. I decided to use some Thermoweb foil to dab onto the somewhat wet areas to get the foil to stick for green spots. After that I inked the Falling leaves background in my misti and stamped it on the background. 




Next I stamped and image from the Thankful and Blessed set onto some vellum. Since I used VersaFine I made sure to heat set the image so that I wouldn't smear it. My next step was to "color" in parts of the image using my stylus. For the flowers I colored the petals heavily to make them white. Then for the pumpkin I used a lighter hand to add some texture and shading.


Next I stamped the sentiment... it's not pretty in the picture but I left it in to show you what it looked like before I "fixed" it. I used the same ink for the sentiment as I had for the image, the major difference is I didn't heat set it. I honestly didn't think about it, I stamped it after I adhered the vellum to the background and left it alone while I went to work. Came home to this mess... DOH! 

I attempted fixing it by stamping over it with VersaMark (luckily the sentiment was still in the Misti!) and heat embossing with white powder. I covered most of the smudging creating a slight shadow effect behind the embossing. Layered my panel first with some white cardstock before adding it to an orange cardbase.


Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment or follow me for blog updates! Have a great day!

Monica


Supplies:
         No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: text


Thermoweb- Lime (Satin)
Ranger- Alcohol ink

















1 comment: