Sunday, April 22, 2018

World's Fair Park layout

I'm feeling pretty accomplished in the craft room this weekend. Even though everyone is back in the house (some are exhausted from camping) I'm still getting things done! I'm sharing a layout I did with inspiration from the second  CSI challenge this month. I really liked the color combo and just happen to have the two main pattern papers I used sitting out.  We stopped by the World's Fair Park in Knoxville on our way back to IL form NC during a summer trip. I have a lot of pictures from the trip, but I thought the yellow in the layout would perfect for some pictures of the sphere.


Here is a look at the CSI challenge inspiration image.


I added some 6x6 pattern papers that had the same colors and black cardstock to mat my layers with. Figured out how I wanted my lay out and got started. Since most of my papers only had two of the colors on them , I added a another pattern with 3 colors on it to tie them together a little better. I grouped the patterns together as banners in the top corner and scattered some in other areas as well.



The alpha's I used were actually black and white striped, I thought they looked to busy so I colored them with a black Copic to try and cove the white.  


I will use the white space for my journaling about the sphere. There isn't a lot of room for info, but since I have other pictures I'm sure more info will make it to another page eventually. ;-) CSI recently changed the requirements for the challenges so that you don't have to use the clues, but I still like to try. I think I did alright...  I used the colors as well as stipes, dots, test pattern,circles, doily, washi and puffy stickers (alphas). 


I'm pleased with the way the page turned out. I sometimes get a little nervous added some pattern paper, as I feel it can get cluttered looking very easily. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Monica

4 comments:

  1. No way, you can never have too much pattern paper ;-). It's all I ever scrapbook with.
    You did a beautiful job combining the challenge colours. They're perfect for those photos. I love the bold striped paper. The way you have added the black cardstock border to the photo mats, and to the little pennants, looks really nice. Very nice work. Thank you for joining us at CSI for the mid-month challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and use if different patterns. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the the colours are perfect for the photos! They give structure to the architectural aspect of your layout! Great solving of the case!TFS at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic photos and they're so perfect for this Case File. Love the mix of patterns you chose! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete