Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Baseball Theme Card Challenge

  In our little friendly challenge Lindsey decided that we should do a baseball theme card. She was pretty specific as to what it should include.. baseball, bat, and team colors. I easily chose the Cardinals, since that is the team some men in my family love! Not to mention they have a bat on the logo, so that took card of two items she called for. ;-)  For the balls I just punched a bunch of 1 1/4 inch circles and drew on the stitches. Since it doesn't have a sentiment on the front I'll probably use it as a Father's day card for my hubby or father-in-law. Here is what I came up with...

  I thought it turned out pretty good, considering how long I struggled with the layout. I just kept moving the balls around until I thought it looked good. I was originally going to just do a ball shaped card, but someone else beat me to it. Oh well. Next challenge is a graduation theme card and I need to get started.

Thanks for droppin' by!

Monday, April 28, 2014

First time participation with CCC

 So I stumbled upon a blog (Society of Stampaholics) that does a monthly card challenge and exchange. I finally sat and made a card for the challenge to send. I got a little excited and ended up using all the options from the challenge! You can see the options here March Card Chain Challenge.  Since my recipient has received it already, here's my card...

I'm looking forward to the next month, as I had a lot of fun. It's nice to be able to send a card to another crafty friend!

Thanks stopping by, Have a great day!

Monday, April 14, 2014

New technique

 It took a challenge with Lawnscaping Challenge to try a new technique ( since that is there theme this week). So I decided to try using a die cut to emboss. I've seen a few ladies do it and wanted to try for myself. It's nice to be able to use one item in multiple different ways.
  I gave it s try twice the first time didn't leave me with much of an impression. The second time was better, but a little to much. My embossed image looked good but I could see where it had started to cut the image, yikes!!! Needless to say I need to work on it a little more to get it just right, but I decided to go for it with what I have. This is what I finished with...

 I tried to keep most of the panel visible, since it is the main item in this case. Hopefully you can see the emboss details. I just got the die from Simon Says Stamp and was excited to use it.

 Thanks for stopping by!

I got a badge for my card: