Sunday, March 1, 2015

Feb CCC

Here is my post for the monthly card exchange over at Society for Stampoholics. Although to look at now looks like I did a card for the March themes! To bad I didn't make two, I'd be a step ahead. ;-) When I chose the stamp I wanted to use spring colors with it and the colors didn't vibe with me for this card fro some reason. I wanted to use my distress inks since I've been enjoying them a lot lately.


I work on a loose translation of the sketch and slipped it then used the friend theme for the challenge options. I heat embossed my background image on watercolor paper and then only the butterfly area again on vellum. Dipped my paper in the watered down distress inks until I got the look I want and dried it..Fussy cut the butterfly for some dimension, added my sentiment strip and some sequins.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Monica

Supplies:
Hero Arts- antique writing (background stamp)
Lawn Fawn- sentiments and sequins
Distress inks- Shaded Lilac, Dried Marigold and Victorian Velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment