Sunday, August 27, 2017

Me and My boys!- scrapbook layout

I'm popping in with a scrappy post that is a combo of using more of my August Counterfeit Kit 

and a sketch form Stuck?! Sketches.

My finished layout uses a picture of me and my boys taken on my youngest's 8th birthday. He wanted to go to the Childrens Musuem in Indy, to see the Dinosaurs. He had a great time, so did his brothers even though they are starting to get  a little old for the place!


I saw a lot of beautiful die cuts on the DT inspiration, but didn't know what I wanted to use for the diagonal. I didn't want it to be to frilly since it's my boys, so I used the Air Vent die (retired) from Simon Says Stamp ( It's been awhile since I used it). 


The yellow background paper had arrows on it and I wanted to carry on the theme with the border strip. Luckily my kit had coordinating arrow stickers that I stuck down to point towards the picture.

I loved the alpha that was part of the same sticker sheet the arrows were on and used them for my title. It helped to bring the rest of he colors to my mono-toned yellow background.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Super fun photo and page! Very creative to use the arrows as the separating element from the sketch! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colourful and masculine take on the sketch, such a great idea to substitute arrows for the flowers! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to make it a masculine layout.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the sketch and making it work for you! It's sometimes tough to see beyond the sketch but you did an amazing job! Thanks for playing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of the sketch and that stripe paper looks fun combined with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete