Monday, August 23, 2021

AUG SID- summertime

 Hello all and welcome to my card for Stick It Downs August card Sketch. Aug... wow can't believe we are already over halfway through 2021, I swear the years get shorter and shorter! ;-) Here is a look at our card sketch this month...

For my card I decided to stencil the decor across the background. I wanted to angle it a little more like the sketch, but my stencil (MFT) wasn't wide enough for that. I still like the look of the various distress ink in blues created. I used the summer time die (SSS) for the sentiment and then just added some sequins and stars for sparkle and a little more color. 


Hope to see you over at Stick It Down with your card based on the card sketch or one of our scrapbook layouts! Love to see how you use the sketches. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


Monica


Edited to add:


A second card I made using the same sketch, this time I used Arteza metallic water colors for the background with a Simon Says Stamp Die cut sentiment for the focal point on the card. Love the shimmer the metallic water color added to the back ground! I will be adding this to the Die Cut Diva's Challenge blog... it's been too long since I've played along with another challenge. 


1 comment:

  1. Both so delightful! Love the sunny colors on the second one, thanks for watercoloring with us this month at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete