Saturday, October 1, 2016

A2Z- Layer it challenge

Hello all, I seriously can't believe it's October 1st already!!! Where did September go so quickly? I know it was a busy month for us the boys were still playing fall baseball, scouts started back up, time to sell cub scout popcorn again, birthdays, school activities.... Phew! I feel like I need at least a day of sleep, but then again it's Oct and that means Christmas will be here before I know it and I better get my cards ready. (I try to have them all done by Thanksgiving)With that said, I know just used this set on my last card for a2z Scrapbooking, but I do love it. I've even used one of the branches for a 50th anniversary card back in July.


This month our challenge theme is Layer it. You can see the wonderful card the DT members have made for the challenge and the link up tool for you to join here.


I stamped the branch multiple times on my card base in both green ink and versa mark ink on both my card base and my panel. I also stamped three branches in versa mark on vellum, then die cut them. ( All versa mark images got heat embossed with a pearl green powder I have in my stash)  I stamped my sentiment and then decided I wanted the top panel to pop from the background more, so I added a red panel to layer between the top and card base. To finish the card I adhered my vellum pieces and a twine bow.


If you are in need of any items from the a2z Scrapbooking store you can use code Monica15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. (before tax and shipping)  And don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!




Supplies:
Hero Arts- Forever Green ink
Lawn Fawn- twine
Recollections- Green pearl embossing powder and cardstock
Photo Play- Red pattern paper

1 comment: