Friday, April 28, 2017

Planner Dashboard

Today I'm doing a different post than normal. I'm sharing a dashboard I made for my Happy planner. This is based from the planning with Michael's April project. I did a few things different form what we did at the event. You can follow this link to get the directions from Michael's.

The first thing I did was use my envelope punch board to make my envelope to the size I wanted. The paper for the envelope is 9 1/2 x 9 1/2.

After I got the envelope together. I got a second sheet of paper and cut it to measure roughly 7 1/8 x 12 inches and scored it at 1 and 5 1/8. (This would be a good time to check and make sure your dashboard will fit in the planner with the envelope)  I then cut down some more pattern paper to cover the back of my dashboard.


Once the back was covered I adhered the envelope to the 1 inch flap.


Once the envelope was on all that was left to do was add the pocket and decorate the dashboard.


I love how it turned out, I think the dark paper is my favorite and wish I had more than two sheets!


My dashboard sticks out quite a bit from my cover, but I don't really mind. If it bothers you double check the size with the envelope before adding the paper to the back. That should help make it easier to punch and make any adjustments needed. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Monica

1 comment: