Monday, March 26, 2018

A little adventure...(scrapbook layout)

Just a quick post to share a scrapbooking layout I did today. I was inspired by this CSI challenge
and this sketch from last month on Stuck?! Sketches. I didn't get a chance to play along with it during Feb, but still wanted to use it. It's one that I can easily use over and over. 


I was inspired by the image to scrap some photos of a little camping trip we took. I wasn't the happiest about going, I hadn't camped in many years and told my husband I want to Glamp! ;-) He just rolled his eyes...

It ended up storming the night we were there, which didn't seem to bother the kids, but I din't sleep well. The morning sky was pretty to see the next morning, you can kind of see it in the picture.


In the close ups you can see the wood grain detail on the cardstock I used. I used some plaid and added some interest with stamps on the borders.


It's a little hard to see in the picture, but I added a tree punched strip in plaid just above the pattern paper. I hadn't used the punch in a long time and thought it would be a good time to use it. I love it when I remember to use older items in my stash!  


Thanks for stopping by and feel free to follow my blog for updates on new posts!

Have a great day!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. I love your layout, and yes that sketch is very versatile. I love your mix of embellishments, and how you have interpreted the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, I love the layers behind your photo, the stitched detail around the edge, the texture of the cork letters and that little punched border is perfect! :o) Thanks for playing with us as CSI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful view you had from your tent! That little camper paper is just perfect here. Great job solving the Case File! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete