Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A patriotic card

 The card I made today is very patriotic. I had 2 challenges is mind when creating the card. I'm going to link this card up to the Simons Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and the Lawnscapping Challenge.
 

Here is my card:

  I used a Heidi Swapp stencil for the stripe background and colored it using Distress Inks ( Chipped Sapphire and Fired Brick)  I used the Puffy Star dies from Lawn Fawn to cut out the vellum and felt stars. Stamped the sentiment and fireworks ( Lawn Fawn) and embossed them in white and iridescent glitter. Added a few star gems to finish up ( and to hide the glue spots on the vellum). 


Thanks for stopping by!!!
Monica  

4 comments:

  1. Awesome 4th of July card, Monica! The stencilled stripes look amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love your background stripes! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this!! The sparkle fireworks on the stars are amazing and I love the background stripes!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete