Friday, July 17, 2015

Shadowbox Card

Hello blogland! I'm posting the card I made for the challenge I have with my friends and mom. This time around the challenge was to make a shadowbox card. I saw a YouTuber make one and thought it would be fun for us to try! Here is what I came up with...


Here is a look from an angle. The middle flamingo is on a wobbler spring so he'll shake a bit too.


The card is 5 1/2x 4 1/4 so it will lay flat in an envelope for mailing although I'm thinking of just giving it my mother in law to set in her office. Here is the link to the video that has the info to make one. I won't leave the how to, it's was pretty simple and a lot of fun to make.

I will enter this into Simon Says Stamp Monday (Anything goes) and Wednesday (Get in Shape) challenges. Not 100% sure this counts a shape card, but thought I'd give it try since it's not a normal card when you stand it up. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Monica

Supplies:
Lawn Fawn- Gnome Sweet Gnome (stamps & dies)  and  Spring Showers
Ranger- Distress inks (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers,          Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn)
Misc- Copics, vellum. wave border punch and circle die

3 comments:

  1. I love your flamingos, Monica! And your card is so unique and fun! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dimensional project! Love the flamingos. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete